Types of Old Pokies
There are certain characteristics one will encounter when playing old slots. These characteristics are used to classify them in the traditional slot game category. These features include:
- Fruits. They have been used to categorize slot machines since time immemorial. The first fruit machine was a simple affair, with just one icon- a gold bar that represented money and had no special behaviors attached beyond being able to be cashed in at any time for its value! These days we’ve got all sorts of different snacks under our belt; watermelons as well cherry tomatoes or even grapes (gotta love those punny names). There are payouts based on each type too so you’ll never know what might come up next.
- The three-reel slot machine is the most classic of all. In its early days, there were only ever to be found on this type with one win line running through them – just like in brick and mortar casinos! Some modern slots can have five-reel levels but still count as ‘three reels’ at location-based gaming locations.
- Liberty Bell. This icon was used in the first slots machines, which were introduced in 1890s. It makes perfect sense to include this icon in old slots. This was the highest-paying character and the policy of most online casino developers has been maintained in classic slots that include the liberty bell.
Each slot has bonus features that can increase the player’s winnings. While the bonuses can vary from one game, they are generally similar. These bonuses include:
- LFree Spins are bonuses that allow you to spin the reels without having any money put in. They’re often triggered by matching icons and can give big rewards, so it’s important to know how they work!
- LGamble feature. This bonus is activated once a player wins. A card is placed in front of the player and the player must guess its colour. The correct answer wins the player double, and the wrong answer can result in them losing all their winnings.
Old Slots Providers
The slot game is one of the most popular games on online gambling websites. It’s not surprising that hundreds have spent time developing it, but only a handful was able to make this type so well-rounded and still relevant in today’s age when new technology becomes available every day. These developers have been a prolific success story:
- Rival Gaming;
- Pan Gaming;
- Merkur Gaming;
- Net Entertainment;
- Play’N GO;
- NextGen Gaming;
Popular Old Slot Games
The following classic slots have maintained a loyal following over the years:
- Irish Gold
- Triple Chance Double
- Stars n Stripes
- Neptune’s Kingdom
- Honey Bee
- Minted Sevens
- Mystery Joker
Old slot machines are an entertaining way to spend time. They have been enjoyed by gamblers around the world for decades and will not be going away any time soon! These types of games can be easily understood with their simple pay charts, limited number symbols, as well as easy gameplay mechanics that anyone could pick up on without much instruction!